Saturday, February 16, 2013

YPP Rolodex Swap Feb 2013 "Cherries"

Hi Crafters,
Here is a picture of my cherry themed Rolodex card for the Your Paper Pantry (YPP) February 2013 Rolodex swap.   This was a bit of a challenge as I found a lot of strawberry, raspberry and apple stamps, themed paper and embellishments, but not much for the cherry.  I found one cherry stamp at Hobby Lobby but no paper or embellishments.   At this point I didn't want to take the time to track down the couple of paper packs that are out there that do have cherries.  I ended up using some Shrinky Dink to get the job done.
I cut out the Rolodex (2 1/4" x 4") in a red card stock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with swiss dots folder.   I layered a white Rolodex with the red one to make it thicker and more stable.  I used a red card stock with white dots on a layer of white for the background.  The corners are rounded with a 1/4" round corner punch and the edges are inked with Distress Ink fired brick.

The stickled cherries and the word cherry were cut from the Cricut Preserves cartridge.  I used some white lace and a couple of white Prima flowers (a flower and a bud) tipped with the fired brick ink as well.    There is a Tim Holtz round fastener to hold another Rolodex card with my information on it to the back.
I cut a Rolodex shape (the same size as the red Rolodex card) and a scalloped rectangle that measured approximately 2" x 1 1/2" from the Shrinky Dink.  I punched a standard size hole in the corner of the scalloped piece so that I could use a brad to fasten it to the Rolodex card and it can be positioned on the brad.   I added a red bing on the brad and in the other upper corner..  I used a journaling stamp and cherry stamp on the Shrinky Rolodex card and colored them before I heat shrank them. The Shrinky Rolodex card is on foam squares.  The corners were punched with a Martha Stewart corner punch before being shrunk.

I think that was it.   I had a lot of fun putting this together and working with the Shrinky Dink.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?
I guess they ran out of names.