Monday, December 31, 2012

January 2013 Calendar

Here is the calendar I made for January 2013 for my co-worker's deployed husband.  A picture is placed in the slot behind the calendar and each day you lift the flap and reveal the picture.
 This is the front and back before I taped them together, add eyelets in the corners and black and white baker's twine for hanging.  The snow flakes and snowman were cut from "Christmas Cheer" Cricut cartridge.  I also used Designer Calendar and Beyond Birthdays (I think) for the phrases.
 I cut the 3" snowman entirely out of white cardstock and then used Distress markers and colored the little layer pieces (before removing any paper from the cutting mat).  That way, I don't need to have all the colors I want in paper--I create them.   I used tiny google eyes and buttons for the eyes and well, buttons.  The tiny blue bird on the snowman's hand is cut from a sculpy.  
 The evergreen bough is a Tim Holtz stamp and I Glossy Accented a real pine cone to it.
 I used Scrabble letters for the "SNOW"   Red and clear bling and some Stickles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?
I guess they ran out of names.