Friday, August 16, 2013

Vintage TV/bed tray update

Vintage TV/Bed tray

I found this cool vintage tv/bed tray with spring loaded fold-down legs and a top that rises to five different settings.   Here are some before pictures.   It was a little dirty and one of the side rails was broken and had been repaired with some kind of nasty tape that I couldn't get off without a whole lot of scraping.  The rose applique was not removed either--same issue.    The side rail has been repaired in the picture below.




I removed the top and glued the side rail back on.   I spray painted the bottom with black spray paint.  I used spray paint because I didn't think I could brush on a nice finish on all the dowels and little pieces of wood. 



I painted the top with Martha Stewart Vanilla acrylic paint, used embellishments from the Graphic 45 French Country collection, some yellow gingham card stock on the sides to cover the ugly tape marks and to reinforce the thin side rails from breaking off again. Tea Dye Distress Ink was used on all of the paper edges.  I used Mod Podge to glue on all of the paper pieces and well as putting multiple coats over the top and on the legs.

I tried a lot of different paper ideas and embellishments before I settled on the simple line at the top and bottom.    I have been known to go crazy overboard and not know when to stop.




 Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Amy

1 comment:

  1. wow what a beautiful thoughts you have expressed in this blog. its look really amazing.
    Internet based Beds Company

    ReplyDelete

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?

Runaway Website--where did the name come from?
I guess they ran out of names.